Monday, August 8, 2011

It's Pouring.....

You know the saying "when it rains, it pours".
Well, we've had quite a downpour lately,
and I'm excited to see the lush, green grass
and beautiful blossoms come soon!

Matthew and I have been dealing with
hang up after hang up the last few days.....
I'm so blessed to have his hand to hold!

The other day, I had a root canal in the morning.
This was actually awesome as I had been in
horrible pain for a couple days.
As the numbing wore off, and the pain from
the procedure started to flare up, I hurried to get dinner going.
Alohi, God love her, was climbing up on top of our table.
In the middle of chopping an onion,
with our "best" knife (because it's the sharpest),
I looked over to Alohi in hopes eye contact would
make her obey, and I sliced my finger open!

I managed to text Matthew with my good hand
"Help!  Need stitches".
He called back right away and I could barely
talk through the tears.
"Honey, it's bad.  I need a doctor."
And the plans of having dinner with a friend
then getting pedicures without our children were slipping away!

Matthew got home and made a few phone calls.
We headed out to urgent care.
The doctor listened as I BEGGED for dermabond
instead of stitches, before he even had a chance to look at the cut.
He really wanted to stitch it, but I think my severely pregnant
state appealed to a huge heap of compassion in his heart.
He glued it!

The next day, my in house accountant noticed
something a little strange with the online banking.
A pending charge for Pro-Active.
Weird, we don't use that.
A little investigation, a visit from the police,
and we are now waiting on the order to fully process
so we can have the address of the darling who
tried to steal from us!
Card is shut down.... not good, as it's our main account right now..... AND
our air conditioning is BUSTED!
This happened last night!

I'm a sweaty mess, so are the children.
Praise God my husband's work is being so awesome.
He is at Lowe's right now, buying a new thermostat
to replace what we're hoping is the problem!

God, thank You for this downpour!
But PLEASE, bring on the flowers!

Oh, and my friend and I enjoyed pedicures before
coming home to an awesome dinner.... onion and all!
Thank you, Matthew, for watching all 9 of our children
so we could go out!


Ok, PS!
That friend that went out for a pedi with me.... she's
the mommy of a blended family with 6 children, and they are
expecting number 7 in just over a month!  Her husband was
supposed to come home from Afghanistan tomorrow morning.
That got cancelled because
HE IS HOME NOW!  I'm so giddy for her!
Their family has been such a blessing to us.
PRAISE YOU FATHER!!!!!!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Loree Cerny said...

One more reason why you are such an inspiration. When everything seems to go wrong, you still see the best. Prayers that flowers will bloom soon. I'm sure that God has a plan for all of this happening. When your beautiful baby (sorry, I don't know how to type her name) arrives, all of the trials will be forgotten. Thinking of you a lot lately. I would love to come visit. Just need to look at schedules and make the time.

Majorsfam said...

Our flowerbeds are FULL! What interestingly beautiful seeds He was planting!