Monday, June 27, 2011

Without Her, Dinner Would Be A Train Wreck!

I know, for many of you, this information is not new.
I talk about this gal a LOT!
She is an angel to me!

I'm talking about Stephanie at crockpot365.blogspot.com
Getting dinner on the table with both a financial and time budget is difficult!
Throw in a 3 year old with celiac disease, and it gets pretty complicated!
I have been using some of Stephanie's recipes for a couple years now,
but only in the past year have I made slow cooking our primary cooking method.

I can't believe the time and money it saves me cooking like this.
For everyone out there that thinks slow cooking is all about
casseroles, think again! 
The possibilities are ENDLESS!

Lately, I've been using her recipes with just a few ingredients.
Creamy Chicken Tacos and Beef Stroganoff are two new favorites at our house.
This is what is slow cooking on my countertop right now

Our Doula is coming over early this evening to talk about
our birth plan.  Certainly, I will not have time to "cook".
I plopped the meat into our slow cooker, opened the jar of peperoncinis,
poured it over the meat, fastened the lid, and turned my cooker on to "low".
When the Doula leaves, we'll serve up the meat on buns (Ki will have his
on gluten-free buns) with a slice of mozzerella cheese.  YUM!

I love hearing the "oohs and ahs" when I serve dinner.
It happens around here most nights.
It's always quite a shock, though, considering what
very little effort and ingredients I put in to supper. 
And this makes meal planning and grocery list writing a BREEZE!
Matthew and I both get to have leftovers for lunch the following day. 

You should give this a shot! 
So, this is my "challenge" for you!
Head on over to Stephanie's site and pick 2 recipes to incorporate
into your next meal plan.
Tell me what you've picked and let me know how it turns out.
Don't forget to read some of the comments under the recipe.
You might get helpful tips/ideas on how to make it even better!

Go now, get crockin'!!!!!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Teri said...

peperoncini beef is also very good over mashed taters!
the only prob with the crockpot is smelling those delicious things cooking all day long =]