Friday, July 8, 2011

My New Favorite Stranger!

Her name is Ashley.
I have no idea where she lives.
I have no clue how old she is, or if she has children.
Heck, I don't know if she's married.

I DO know that she has a blog.
She can't eat gluten.
And she is my new favorite stranger!

Ashley was linked by another stranger friend of mine.
The name of her blog caught my eye
in a comment to someone else's blog.
Such a train this is!
Anyway, clicked on her blog and saw that she's
gluten free and she loves Jesus.
So I clicked "follow" almost instantly!

Anyway, she linked to Ashley's blog
to share this fabulous recipe.
Watching Malkiah stare at baked goods
has been such a heart breaker for me!
I see his lower lip get pushed out
when he realizes that whatever it is
he's staring at will really hurt his tummy.
It breaks my heart!
Ashley, you're my hero, and you've
turned ME into a hero!

Other than bread and waffles (which we have
great gluten-free alternatives to on hand at all times),
we don't keep gluten containing products in our home.
This includes cookies.
Sorry, Anika, one day you'll realize
I'm not an "uncool" Mama just because I don't
stock cookies in our house.

When I started to mix the first few ingredients,
the kids came running into the kitchen.
"What are you making, mommy?"
"Cookies".
"Oh", Ki sighed, as he puffed his lower lip out, turned
his back and started heading for the living room.
"Malkiah, they're gluten-free".
He stopped dead in his tracks and spun around.
"WHAT? They're bluten-free? They won't hurt my tummy?"
His excitement was clear as the last word of each question
seemed to be projected a few octives higher than
his natural, adorable, voice.
His eyebrows were nearly into his spikey hair line.
"YUP"!
He immediately grabbed a tall chair from the table and
scooted it over to the counter to "help".

His patience was tested BIG time. 
But it all paid off in the end.
These cookies are so yummy, I think
I would make them even if we weren't gluten-free
as my preferred cookie recipe.
So, Ashley, whoever you are,
you are my new favorite stranger!
THANKS FOR POSTING!

Photobucket

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This girl is from Sierra Vista. She went to school with me a year or 2 ahead of me. Pretty sure she doesnt know me but we do have mutual friends from school =]

Majorsfam said...

That is too funny!!! The mutual blogging friend we have, that I also have never met, is from Colorado, I think. Well, our mutual friend is, anyway. Here's the link that I saw http://www.blogger.com/profile/10794711997975461879. It's such a small world! VERY cool! Oh, and the cookies are FABULOUS!

Anonymous said...

It is certainly a small world!! =)

gluten free girl in a pasta world said...

I posted those same cookies on MY blog this week. They are awesome!!
Love the new design. I know it's not super-new, but I didn't tell you before. :)