Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Lost in Translation!

We're having VBS at church this week.
So far, it has been awesome.
The kiddos are having a great time and
the adults are having a VBS of our own.
We've had a guest preacher come for a revival.
Oh how I've been moved by his words....
well, God's word for us, but his delivery.

On the way home Monday evening, Matthew
and I started asking Anika what she had learned.
"About the woman in the whale".
"Uhm, Anika, Jonah was a man. Is that what they taught you?"
"No mom, it was a woman in the whale."
"Anika, are you sure?  I know 'Jonah' sounds like
it could be a woman's name, but he was a he, for sure".
"No, mooooooooooooooooooooom. It was a woman in the whale."

We left it at that and talked, instead, about the games she played.
Last evening, I inquired on what the children had been taught the day before.
"Oh, we talked about the woman at the well".
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Oh, my precious Anika has picked up on the strong, Southern accent here.
And I LOVE it!
Ms Ruth had certainly taught about the woman at the well,
and in her sweet, but strong, accent, my daughter heard "whale".
Only, she knows what a well is, and that's what she's talking about.
There was no animal involved in her recollection of the story.
Love my southern belle!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Teri said...

Too funny!!!