Monday, July 11, 2011

Update on my appointment....

This is going to be short, I hope.
I'm exhausted!
The NP did think it was a good idea
to check my cervix today.
She checked, announced "1cm and very soft",
then quickly pulled her glove off
and started pushing around on my belly.

"I didn't feel her head down there".
"Uhm...."
"I should have been able to feel her head.  Ok,
here it is, she's breach. We have to do an
ultrasound to be sure."

While waiting for an OB doc or a sonogram
operator to come take a look, I texted
with Matthew and Mary Jo (a dear friend of mine).
I also spent that time apologizing
to my unborn daughter, for poking her
in her head so much.  I thought I was getting
to pinch her little bottom that whole time.
Please God, if she's breach, I pray
she doesn't come out with bruises all over her head.

The term "butt head" came to mind a LOT while I waited.
The ultrasound confirmed it.  Ædith has her head
in my ribs.... and no wonder my cervix is so angry.
Girlfriend's been kicking it, literally! 

I have an appointment with a doctor next Tuesday.
She'll have the sonogram machine ready
and if Ædi is still not "bottoms up", they'll
attempt a version.  That's where they lube up
my belly and attempt to turn her from the outside.

PLEASE resist the urge to offer up different ideas
on how to get her to turn at home.
I know an awesome Mama that lost her baby
because of a cord getting wrapped around his neck.
The possibility is there, which is why the doctor will do this
with a sonogram.  This is not something I want to attempt
at home.  I will continue my daily walks after supper,
staying upright, sleeping on my left side, etc.
I will not try anything new.
I am leaving this up to God and I will not drive
myself crazy trying to change what He has planned.

I do have one concern, and I'm trying to
not let it become a fear...... I have a very short torso.
This is why I "show" so early in my pregnancies.
Praying I have enough torso to flip her around.
I'll be asking for more and more prayer as Tuesday approaches!

Psalm 139:13-14
 13 For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.


Knit away, Father! Your will be done!
Photobucket

2 comments:

Majorsfam said...

Oh, and in taking a quick peek today, I found out she has "plenty" of hair. Guess this won't be the bald baby I've always hoped for! LOL! At least she has been kind enough to not give me heart burn. I still have an unopened bottle of tums should it start. Can't believe I haven't needed it yet!

Teri said...

We will be praying for you and baby!